- You will be competing as an individual….will you do the team or the super team event also?
If so – who will you be teaming up with and why?
I am planning on doing the team event also, trying to get a team (box team) together, but if that doesn’t work out, I will definitely want to enter the super team event – not sure though who I will choose (or who will choose me) yet…
- What are you looking forward to at this very first NECC?
It is a new event with different organisers – that means a fresh “flavour”, so I’m excited to see the programming. I also think the fact that one can enter as an individual AND in a team is very cool! The other cool thing is that there are categories for super teams, as well as box teams, and that they are separate (not competing against each other) – it’s just fair and it broadens the spectrum of athletes that can participate.
“Dave” – yes the Super Teams and Box Teams will be in separate divisions for Prize money. We will also compare them on a combined “fun” leaderboard to see how the Box Teams compare with the Super Teams!
- Is there anything that you are hoping to see or expect from my programming?
I would like to see a good balance between endurance (muscle- and cardio-), gymnastics, power and strength. Ideally I don’t want to be able to say “this competition favoured the strong girls (or the gymnasts or whatever the case may be)”. I also like new challenges (new movements / complexes) BUT I feel there must still be “method to the madness” and it must not jeopardise the athlete’s safety.
- Plse give me a short CV of your best performances.
Crossfit Games Opens
2014: 31st overall in Africa
• 19th overall in Africa / Middle East region
• 8th overall in Africa
Africa Regionals 2014
• 10th overall (individual)
Other individual competitions
5th overall at Last Man Standing Elite (individual)
5th place overall at FICT
4th at Last Man Standing
• Fittest in Cape Town 2014 (Team: Crossfit Glenvista, 8th overall)
• Crossfit Games Team series 2014
Sponsored Team: PurePharma Rebels – with Andre Gadney, Charne Smyth & Louis Achadinha – 19th overall in the “Sponsored Teams” Division
• United We Stand 2014 (Team: Crossfit Glenvista 1: 2nd overall)
• Pretoria Throw Down 2015 (Team: Girls Gone Strong – 5th overall)
• Last man standing Elite 2015 (Team:
- Who are your sponsors?
I don’t have any official sponsors at the moment.